7 Ways To Celebrate National Siblings Day Today
There is no bond like the one of sisters. Your sister can be a confidant by helping you hide the biggest secret or piss you off by stealing your favorite earrings! Either way, the time shared between siblings is priceless and today is the day to celebrate that joy. Here are 7 ways you and your sister — or brother — can turn up on National Sibling Day:
- Karaoke night– Put together a play list of Beyoncé and Solange songs and bring your best vocals to the living room stage! If you have several sisters, create a playlist of girl groups so everyone can participate.
- Take it outside- Remember the park you used to play in? Grab your sis and have a picnic for two. Take turns pushing each other on the swing and own the playground like you did as kids.
- Do something she’ll least expect- My sister has been drinking coffee since she was 5 and I hate coffee. Treating her to Starbucks and taking my first swig would really knock her socks off and get her to leave me alone about trying it. If you usually avoid babysitting her children, extend the offer.
- Rage Against the Machine- Sometimes parents just don’t understand. What movies did your parents ban you from watching because they were “too grown” for you back in the day? I know some siblings who missed out on all the best rap videos from the mid to late 90s because their parents were stricter than security at Fort Knox. This is the perfect day for you and sis to play catch up on what you missed.
- Give each other a makeover- It’s the second quarter of the year, and everyone needs to revamp their look for Spring. Make it a day of bonding and beauty by picking out each other’s latest hairstyle or hair color.
- Apologize- If you’ve done something to offend your sister and haven’t had the notion to apologize, today might be the day. Swallow your pride and do it.
- Just have some good old girl talk- If you’re the type to be consumed by work and your relationship, it’s time to put family first. Life happens and we all have responsibilities, but your sister will always be your sister and needs you just as much as your boss or your boyfriend. Pick up the phone and call her.