Fans who were upset that Holly Robinson-Peete wouldn’t be returning to “The Talk” this season won’t have to wait long to catch more of her on TV. The actress will be going from daytime to primetime on CBS to appear on the hit show “Mike & Molly.”
According to Black Media Scoop, Peete will co-star in several episodes of the comedy’s second season as the love interest to Carl (Reno Wilson) — Mike’s (Billy Gardell) romantically challenged partner on the police force.
One of the original hosts for “The Talk,” which premiered Oct. 18, 2010, the network chose not to renew the contracts of Peete or co-host Leah Remin for Season 2 in September.
Viewers weren’t happy with the dismissal of the autism advocate who was also a fan favorite on the third season of “Celebrity Apprentice.” She finished as runner-up to rock star Brett Michaels.
Pette is also set to appear in the upcoming “21 Jump Street” film, reprising her role from the 1980s FOX series which helped launch her career.
Hopefully things work out better for Holly in her new gig on “Mike & Molly” which airs Mondays at 9:30 pm on CBS. Will you tune in to watch her?
More on Madame Noire!
- Mind Your Manners! Behavior That Will Get You the Side Eye in Public and Private
- 7 Things Some Women Have GOT to Stop Doing in Public
- Matches Made in Heaven: 6 Celebrity Couples We Would Love to See
- 10 Things ‘Natural’ Women Wish People Would Stop Assuming
- Celebs Who We Didn’t Know Were Black
- 14 Signs He’s Just Not That Into You