NAMIC, the national association for multi-ethnicity in communication, celebrated a milestone this year as it held its 25th annual conference in New York city in October. The organization, which works to promote diversity in the media and communications industry, selected Susan L. Taylor to deliver a keynote address and we must say they couldn’t have chosen a better or more inspiring figure. The Editor Emerita of Essence Magazine and author of the works ”In The Spirit” and “Lessons in Living” reflected on her own enamored career to communicate lessons about innovation and confidence. Madame Noire stopped in to NAMIC to speak with participants and to hear Taylor’s inspiring speech. Check it out below. If you’d like to get involved with NAMIC, please visit their website to learn more about mentoring resources.
More on Madame Noire
- Ron Artest’s Daughter Sings About her Battle With Cancer
- ‘On My Own’ – A Story of Black Broken Homes
- Football Coach Charged After Watching His Players Jump Teen
- Tips on Finding Your Surrogate Family
- Mom Doesn’t ALWAYS Know Best: 9 Things That Aren’t Always True
- Women We Love: 12 Female Celebrities Over 40 Who Have Aged Beautifully