I’m all about diversity. There is something about watching a movie or television show without people that look like me (BLACK) that makes me a little bit confused. Even worse, sometimes I lose my concentration. I still get upset that they could only find like two black people to pop up in New York during the entire series that was Friends. So just like we have black publications, movies, books and more, a lot of black people, like myself, wind up watching black television shows, both scripted, or reality-based, both out of trying to be supportive, and to see other people that look like me. However, there are a wealth of shows with say, maybe one or two black (or zero) people out of a whole cast that make it possible for people to ignore the discrepancies, and just watch good television. Here’s a few that due to great scripts and some awesome acting, always stand out for the good. Note, they’re all scripted (death to reality TV!):
More on Madame Noire!
- Do It Now! 10 Steps To Fighting Procrastination
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Why Don't The Smart, Successful Men Date Black Women?
- Gizmos, Gadgets, And Games That Kept Us Entertained Back In The Day
- Breathe, Stretch, Prioritize: How To Be More Productive At Work
- Plastic Surgery And Skin Bleaching: Celebrities Who Took It Too Far
- Communication Is A Two-Way Street: How To Become A Better Listener
- Thank God That's Over: 9 Moments No Woman Wants To Relive
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN