From the days of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five’s “The Message,” hip hop has been a tool for folks to express their views on society’s ills, from poverty to politics. As hip-hop has gone from a musical genre to a culture, the number of rappers speaking their minds has increased tremendously, as have the levels of influence these folks have over their audiences. Is this a good thing though? Check out some of the most loudly political rappers and decide who gets your vote.
More on Madame Noire!
- 15 White Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Raising Black Children
- How To Flirt At Work Without Being Unprofessional
- The Best And The Boldest Of The 2013 Billboard Music Award Fashion
- Not My Finest Moment: 9 Celebrities Who Bashed Their Own Work
- That Won't Get It Right Or Tight: 14 Most Common Workout Mistakes
- Leave It To The Professionals: Celebrity Shade That Didn't Go Over Too Well
- Super Powers, White Hats & Dad: The "Scandal" Season Finale Recap
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN