Coming in at nearly six feet (mostly legs) with skin the color of mahogany and distinctive facial features and expressions that would put Nicki Minaj to shame, Grace Jones was, is and will always be a style phenomenon. Before chicks like Lady Gaga were wearing provocative outfits to the airport, Grace Jones was rocking damn-near outlandish ensembles just about everywhere. From her actual clothing, which was so iconic thanks in part to the help of stylist Jean-Paul Goude (the father of her son Paulo by the way), to her hair and sheer presence, Jones made every arrival at every event a party. While most starlets are going for Hollywood classic glamor and want to look as normal as possible, I miss the crazy, androgynous style Ms. Jones ushered in. So here’s an ode to the “Pull Up to the Bumper” Jamaican-American singer in all her eclectic glory over the years, along with a few timeless things I learned from her.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Domestic Violence Watch
- Meagan Good, Chad Coleman To Star In Law & Order: SVU Episode On Domestic Violence
- “You Put Your Hands On Me” Ray J’s Ex Manager Morgan Hardman Says He Hit Her
- A Real Stand Up Guy: Memphitz Threatens To Release K Michelle Sex Tape
- K. Michelle: I Didn’t Lie About Being Abused
- “To Get To Be A Professional Athlete, It Takes Anger.” Terry Crews Talks Anger And It Effect On Athletes
Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube!
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2014 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural