Coming in at nearly six feet (mostly legs) with skin the color of mahogany and distinctive facial features and expressions that would put Nicki Minaj to shame, Grace Jones was, is and will always be a style phenomenon. Before chicks like Lady Gaga were wearing provocative outfits to the airport, Grace Jones was rocking damn-near outlandish ensembles just about everywhere. From her actual clothing, which was so iconic thanks in part to the help of stylist Jean-Paul Goude (the father of her son Paulo by the way), to her hair and sheer presence, Jones made every arrival at every event a party. While most starlets are going for Hollywood classic glamor and want to look as normal as possible, I miss the crazy, androgynous style Ms. Jones ushered in. So here’s an ode to the “Pull Up to the Bumper” Jamaican-American singer in all her eclectic glory over the years, along with a few timeless things I learned from her.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- #RIPAntonioMartin: 18-Year-Old Black Teen Fatally Shot By Cop In Berkeley, MO
- “All Cops Ain’t Bad”: The Problem With The Feel Good Cop Viral Videos…
- Samuel Jackson Calls Out Stars Who Did The ALS Ice Bucket Challenges But Won’t Speak Out About Police Brutality
- Family Of Akai Gurley, Killed By Rookie NYPD Officer, Tell Rev. Al Sharpton To Stay Away From Funeral: “Who Made You The Spokesperson Of Our Family?”
- Tamir Rice’s Family Files Lawsuit Against Cleveland Police Department
Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube!
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2014 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural