(The Root) — Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week begins today, kicking off more than 200 fashion shows and events that will happen at Lincoln Center and other locations through Sept. 15. Shows will preview what’s coming for the Spring/Summer 2012 season and showcase special events, like the taping of the finale for the popular fashion reality show Project Runway. Among the cadre of black designers showing is B. Michael, a favorite of actresses such as Cicely Tyson and Phylicia Rashad, who shows his collection at Fashion Week. Michael talked to The Root about the changing fashion world and black designers’ presence at Fashion Week.
More on Madame Noire!
- Time For A Check Up: Celebrities Who Are Coping With Serious Illnesses
- 14 Rules To Follow When Getting Back With Your Ex
- Because One Awkward Hook-Up Isn't Enough: Celebs Who Repeatedly Date Their Co-Stars
- Way Before That Hiatus From Music: 9 Big Songs You Probably Didn't Know Keri Hilson Wrote
- Baseball Cuties You've Been Sleeping On
- Embrace Your Natural You -- Hair, Body, And Soul: 15 Ways To Fall In Love With Ourselves
- No One Is Immune: Famous Men And Women Who've Had Mastectomies
Mommy In Chief
His voice is so smooth.Read More
With Father’s Day right around the corner, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to chat with some celebrity dads about what that day means to them.Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN