(USA Today) — Feeling glum? Unsure of the future? Putting plans on hold? Hoarding cash and buying gold? Chances are your negative state of mind has a lot to do with the double-dip crowd’s Weather Channel-like warnings of another catastrophic economic storm bearing down on the USA. The drumbeat of recession talk, which gathered steam Friday after the government reported that the economy created no jobs in August, has all but cemented a recession in the minds of investors — but not necessarily the type that is measured in negative GDP, ever longer lines at the unemployment office or shrinking output at factories. At least not yet. Instead, the gloomy predictions about the economy, which is now operating at stall speed, is causing a different type of contraction: shrinking confidence.
More on Madame Noire!
- Whatchu Know About That?! 10 Songs I Shouldn't Have Been Singing As A Kid
- Here Comes The Mess: The Tackiest, Over-The-Top Wedding Shows On TV
- Breakout Actors From Ensemble Casts Who've Managed To Stay Relevant On Their Own
- Time For A Check Up: Celebrities Who Are Coping With Serious Illnesses
- 14 Rules To Follow When Getting Back With Your Ex
- Because One Awkward Hook-Up Isn't Enough: Celebs Who Repeatedly Date Their Co-Stars
- Way Before That Hiatus From Music: 9 Big Songs You Probably Didn't Know Keri Hilson Wrote
Lyfe Jennings Lands ‘Ratchet-Free’ Reality Show With His Kids That He Swears Will Be Nothing Like ‘All My Baby Mamas’
But he does have some baby mama drama.Read More
Mommy In Chief
His voice is so smooth.Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN