(The Daily Beast) — The latest monthly jobs report reveals more jobs were added in July than expected, but not enough to move the needle from an overall unemployment rate above 9 percent. Though the president has promised to focus on jobs, “higher wages and faster economic growth,” looming challenges like corporate restructuring andoverseas growth will be hard to remedy. What’s a worker to do? One smart tactic is to hone skills for a job that’s projected to grow in the next decade to ensure marketability well into the future. Another tactic: get in at a company that is expanding in that area, as well. Not only will you be garnering a paycheck and experience, but you’ll be more likely to get hired and you’ll get your foot in the door at a company that will likely expand as the need for the particular service or expertise grows. To figure out which employers are in hiring mode, The Daily Beast first analyzed the most recent statistics on occupation growth to find the fastest-growing jobs, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics employment projections for 2008-2018.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bridal Rachetness: The Most Notorious Black Bridezillas
- Couples Who Surprisingly Survived The Reality TV Curse -- So Far!
- You Are Not Alone: 15 Celebs Who Battled Depression
- Precious Padres: Celebrity Father's Day Celebrations
- It's About Time They Hooked Up! TV Couples We Were Glad To See Get Together
- Which One Are You? The Different Categories Men Put Women In
- Pass The Cucumbers: Surprising Foods With Aphrodisiac Properties
Mommy In Chief
His voice is so smooth.Read More
With Father’s Day right around the corner, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to chat with some celebrity dads about what that day means to them.Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN