(Wall Street Journal) — For a moment, however brief, New York shook. Office floors roiled like ocean waves. Residences rocked, knocking pictures off the walls. Cellphone service was suddenly spotty. And the streets teemed with workers from evacuated buildings, the wail of emergency vehicles ringing around them. “Our building was in a bowl of Jell-O for like 10 seconds straight,” said Sarah Abramson, who works in a seven-story building in Dumbo, Brooklyn. “No one knew what the heck was going on.” And then, just like that, normalcy resumed. The ripples from a 5.8 magnitude earthquake centered near Washington, D.C., struck the New York metropolitan region Tuesday, disrupting the city’s normal rhythms shortly before 2 p.m. The temblor was felt from New Jersey to Connecticut, upstate New York to Long Island.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Domestic Violence Watch
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: How Can I Ask My Friend To Hook Me Up With Her Ex?
- Janay Rice Opens Up About Fight That Led To Valentine’s Day Assault
- Famous Stars Who Have A History Of Domestic Violence
- “I Left The Bullet In The Hole” Michel’le Recalls The Time Dr. Dre Shot At Her
- Chris Brown Talks Awkward Domestic Violence PSA At The Grammys, And Why He’s Ready To Impregnate, But Not Marry Karrueche
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural