(Wall Street Journal) — For a moment, however brief, New York shook. Office floors roiled like ocean waves. Residences rocked, knocking pictures off the walls. Cellphone service was suddenly spotty. And the streets teemed with workers from evacuated buildings, the wail of emergency vehicles ringing around them. ”Our building was in a bowl of Jell-O for like 10 seconds straight,” said Sarah Abramson, who works in a seven-story building in Dumbo, Brooklyn. “No one knew what the heck was going on.” And then, just like that, normalcy resumed. The ripples from a 5.8 magnitude earthquake centered near Washington, D.C., struck the New York metropolitan region Tuesday, disrupting the city’s normal rhythms shortly before 2 p.m. The temblor was felt from New Jersey to Connecticut, upstate New York to Long Island.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
Sign up for the newsletter.
Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube!
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
- Bossip, Bossip.com, Moguldom Media Group
- 24Wired, 24Wired.com, Moguldom Media Group
- HipHopWired, HipHopWired.com, Moguldom Media Group
- StyleBlazer, StyleBlazer.com, Moguldom Media Group
- MommyNoire, MommyNoire.com, Moguldom Media Group
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2013 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved.