(Entrepreneur) — You can lower your risk by slimming down what online security pros call your “attack surface.” And that means going beyond simply installing anti-virus software. Don’t assume partners have your back. If you depend on outside sources for technical firepower–outsourced services, cloud solutions and the like–come at it with eyes wide open. “Many business owners think their web hosting provider is taking care of the security of their website,” says Neil Daswani, co-founder and chief technology officer of security firm Dasient. ”Not so. At the low monthly fees at which many hosting services are made available, the web hosting provider does not scan the websites for vulnerabilities or malware.”
More on Madame Noire!
- Top Ten List of Sexay Black Nerds, Who Can Get It
- Big Things Come In Small Packages:15 Celebrity Women 5'2" And Shorter
- 11 Tips To Have A Fun Girls Getaway And Still Come Back Friends
- Doing The Most And They Know It: Celebs Who Regret Showing Too Much Skin
- Going My Way? How To Flirt On Public Transit
- Make It Hot! Fun Ways To Spice Up Your Sex Life
- True Life: I Wish I'd Known This When I Graduated College...
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN