(Palm Beach Post) — A simple thing like taking your child to school can be a jumping-off point in becoming more active in a student’s education, said Ron Leonard, president of the Black Educators Caucus of Palm Beach County. That’s why, when school starts Monday, he’s hoping to see a lot of fathers queuing up in front of the entrance to schools across the county. The caucus has signed Palm Beach County on to participate in the Million Father March, a national initiative that urges fathers, grandfathers and other male role models to take their kids to the first day of school.
More on Madame Noire!
- Not My Finest Moment: 9 Celebrities Who Bashed Their Own Work
- That Won't Get It Right Or Tight: 14 Most Common Workout Mistakes
- Leave It To The Professionals: Celebrity Shade That Didn't Go Over Too Well
- Super Powers, White Hats & Dad: The "Scandal" Season Finale Recap
- Be All You Can Be: Celebrities Who Have Served In The Military
- Age Ain't Nothing But A Number -- Or Is It? Tips For Dating An Older Gentleman
- People Who Can't "Sang" But Still Make Good Music
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More