(Wall Street Journal) — From its rear-seat cinema screen to leather seats made from specially bred southern German bulls to its starting price of $375,250, the Maybach is the most opulent ride German luxury car maker Daimler AG has to offer. But for Daimler’s chief executive, Dieter Zetsche, it has turned into a clunker of a problem. The Mercedes-Benz car maker resuscitated the Maybach brand nearly a decade ago in the hopes of profiting from a renaissance in super-luxury sedans. But almost from the start, the über-luxury division’s sales have faltered, dwindling to fewer than 200 Maybachs sold world-wide last year. Finding a fix for the brand has now become a priority at Daimler, and Mr. Zetsche has said he wants to decide its fate by the end of the year. Within the company, executives say the pressure is on to have a resolution in hand sooner than later. One possibility that’s been under discussion for some time, people close to the company say, is a partnership with British sports-car maker Aston Martin, with which it’s collaborated before. Aston Martin built a concept model of a potential crossover, the Lagonda, on Mercedes’s GL platform a couple of years ago and the car makers have explored other ways to work together.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- “All Cops Ain’t Bad”: The Problem With The Feel Good Cop Viral Videos…
- Samuel Jackson Calls Out Stars Who Did The ALS Ice Bucket Challenges But Won’t Speak Out About Police Brutality
- Family Of Akai Gurley, Killed By Rookie NYPD Officer, Tell Rev. Al Sharpton To Stay Away From Funeral: “Who Made You The Spokesperson Of Our Family?”
- Tamir Rice’s Family Files Lawsuit Against Cleveland Police Department
- #AliveWhileBlack Hashtag Spotlights Black People’s Very Sad And Scary Interactions With Police
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2014 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural