(AJC) — The Rev. Howard Creecy Jr., a prominent Atlanta minister who was elected president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference earlier this year, died suddenly Thursday, the civil rights organization said. Although the cause of death has not been determined, Creecy’s family suspects the pastor of the Olivet Church inFayette County died of an apparent heart attack at his Atlanta home around 12:30 a.m., according to the SCLC. The group said an autopsy has been commissioned. Isaac Newton Farris Jr., a nephew of SCLC co-founder the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., has been named interim president, the organization said.
More on Madame Noire!
- The Best And The Boldest Of The 2013 Billboard Music Award Fashion
- Not My Finest Moment: 9 Celebrities Who Bashed Their Own Work
- That Won't Get It Right Or Tight: 14 Most Common Workout Mistakes
- Leave It To The Professionals: Celebrity Shade That Didn't Go Over Too Well
- Super Powers, White Hats & Dad: The "Scandal" Season Finale Recap
- Be All You Can Be: Celebrities Who Have Served In The Military
- Age Ain't Nothing But A Number -- Or Is It? Tips For Dating An Older Gentleman
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN