I recently got a question on my blog from a librarian who could not, for the life of her, figure out why she was a magnet for what she called, “Mr. Thuggish-Ruggish Bone.” As an artsy bohemian type, she wondered what was it about her that gave these men who had such great contempt for belts and suspenders and owned a wife-beater for every day of the week to go after her. ”These men who have no goals, lack social skills, spend all their time trolling Facebook — barely looking for employment, and approaching me as if I’m a low-rent lady of the night. I can only deal with so many “psst! psst!”, inappropriate stare-downs to get my attention, or ”Aye, Miss Lady” approaches during the day. When I don’t give them the time of day, I’m referred to as “stuck up” or “bougie” or “only liking white men,” she lamented.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
- Bossip, Bossip.com, Moguldom Media Group
- 24Wired, 24Wired.com, Moguldom Media Group
- HipHopWired, HipHopWired.com, Moguldom Media Group
- StyleBlazer, StyleBlazer.com, Moguldom Media Group
- MommyNoire, MommyNoire.com, Moguldom Media Group
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2013 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved.