- Part the hair down the center from front hairline to the crown. Then from the crown down to the neck, create an invisible part in the back by doing a zigzag part.
- Next, start braiding down each side off the part using MIZANI Defyne Wax to really detail the braids. Once you start braiding off the head, switch to a fishtail braid.
- Take a separate bundle of custom color blended hair to match your color and made a long separate fishtail braid.
- Cross and hair pin the two loose ends in the back to sit right above the neck, then pin in the separate fishtail like a headband behind the previous braid.
- Pull on each strand of each braid and lightly spray MIZANI SHYNE Bodifying Sheen Spray for slip – this creates all the loose frizzy texture.
- Finish the look with MIZANI HRM Humidity Resistant Mist for hold.
The Double Crown Braid — Would You Rock It?
With the countdown to spring closing in and summer on the horizon, it’s time to start deciding which hairstyles we saw on the runway will make it to the finish line as a full-on must-rock trend.
And after Paris Fashion Week, we’ve added another must-try ‘do to our list: the double crown braid. Of course, leave it to global star Ciara, known for her eclectic head-to-style, to put a fun twist on the hairstyle. During H&M’s Autumn/Winter reveal, she gave her long tresses a break, opting for a braided crown situation.
Similar to a milk braid braid that we’ve seen many starlets rock before, CiCi’s style features two distinct fish-tail-like braids with a cornrow base in the front that gives her the perfect middle part. Not to mention, the blonde highlights spice up the boho chic look that is both trendy yet timeless, and we’re sure ladies will give a try in the upcoming months.
Another thing to love about this style is the fact that it’s quite easy to execute. Ciara’s stylist Cesar Ramirez shared just how to get her same look: