You’ve probably heard someone say “chivalry is dead” thousands of times. And that individual was probably a disappointed woman. Not all men have forgotten the rules to being a gentleman (SEE! I’m not generalizing!), but many just don’t care anymore. Maybe it has something to do with the whole independent woman stance many of us have taken over the years. Perhaps some men think “if you’re so independent, then what do you need me to pay for dinner for?” And no, we’re definitely not meek and helpless, we can indeed do things for ourselves too. But it’s not like we’re asking men to bring us flowers everyday and recklessly paint our toenails, but just a little display of respect from time to time, showing off what I know your parents taught you, would be nice. Here are seven ways you know there needs to be some slow singing and flower bringing on behalf of our dear friend chivalry.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- Why President Obama’s Selma Speech Was So Disappointing
- Scathing Ferguson Report Highlights The Racial Bias Of The City’s Government, And The Debtor Prison Culture
- Must Watch: Black Mothers’ New Year’s Resolutions For America
- “This Has To Be The Cruelest Thing I’ve Ever Seen”: New Video Shows Sister Of Tamir Rice Being Tackled, Handcuffed By Police After Shooting
- Ferguson Grand Juror Suing Prosecutor Robert McCulloch; Says He Focused More On Michael Brown Than Darren Wilson When Presenting Case
Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube!
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural