Being a child actor in Hollywood is no joke. Especially if you’re a black one. You can’t help that you’re eventually going to grow up and possibly not be as cute-as-a-button like you used to be. And once you try to cross into more adult roles (if you can find any) you might be criticized for raunchier portrayals. But there have been many black child actors that have crossed over and been very successful over the years. Laurence Fishburne and Regina King for example. But there have also been many that have floundered since going through puberty (the whole cast of “Different Strokes” are a classic example). To showcase some of the new blood trying to stay above water into adulthood, here are five young and uber-successful child actors still doing big things, and five who have struggled big time.
More on Madame Noire!
- Top Ten List of Sexay Black Nerds, Who Can Get It
- Big Things Come In Small Packages:15 Celebrity Women 5'2" And Shorter
- 11 Tips To Have A Fun Girls Getaway And Still Come Back Friends
- Doing The Most And They Know It: Celebs Who Regret Showing Too Much Skin
- Going My Way? How To Flirt On Public Transit
- Make It Hot! Fun Ways To Spice Up Your Sex Life
- True Life: I Wish I'd Known This When I Graduated College...
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN