(Washington Business Journal) — Big government got even bigger in Maryland and Virginia over the past decade, but the trend appears to be changing in Maryland at least. Virginia added 77,300 government jobs between April 2001 and April 2011, ranking it No. 4 for adding jobs nationwide, according to an On Numbers study of employment data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. It counted 714,400 government jobs as of April 2011.
More on Madame Noire!
- Time For A Check Up: Celebrities Who Are Coping With Serious Illnesses
- 14 Rules To Follow When Getting Back With Your Ex
- Because One Awkward Hook-Up Isn't Enough: Celebs Who Repeatedly Date Their Co-Stars
- Way Before That Hiatus From Music: 9 Big Songs You Probably Didn't Know Keri Hilson Wrote
- Baseball Cuties You've Been Sleeping On
- Embrace Your Natural You -- Hair, Body, And Soul: 15 Ways To Fall In Love With Ourselves
- No One Is Immune: Famous Men And Women Who've Had Mastectomies
Mommy In Chief
His voice is so smooth.Read More
With Father’s Day right around the corner, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to chat with some celebrity dads about what that day means to them.Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN