Brand You: Get Unplugged And Lose The Distractions
Are you feeling super distracted? Maybe getting unplugged for a day is what you need to get unblocked.
As we get ready to usher in fall, I am ready to unplug for one day and regain my sanity. Do you feel like your kids, partner, boss and bestie always need a response from you right away? Are you addicted to social media and can’t start your day without checking the celebrity blogs, sending a text, tweet and posting a cute message on Facebook?
Many of us are distracted by life. The moment I power off and breathe, opportunities start to appear. Yes. The ideas start to flow about a project, the conversation becomes enjoyable with a client, and a connection is discovered because I was actually listening and present. I am guilty of cramming, multi-tasking and trying to get it done before my kids come home from school and therefore, blocking a blessing.
According to Mashable, since 2006, the amount of time that the average person spent on social-networking sites has more than doubled, from 2.7 hours to 6.9 hours per month. More people are using social media, as well. While only 24 percent of Americans had a single social media profile in 2008, 56 percent of Americans do now.
So now that the kids are back in school, today is a great day to reclaim your beautiful and bodacious brand and simply unplug. Join me in unplugging for a few minutes, an hour, a whole day, or whatever you can spare to unblock. It doesn’t matter how long – 5 minutes, 30, 60, or 24 hours. Just do it.
Karen Taylor Bass’ Tips to Unplug:
1. Take the pledge. Take a moment to stay in gratitude and say thank you for the blessings each morning before you make or answer the phone.
2. Tune out. Your best ideas flow when you simply stay in the moment and allow self to flow and not get distracted.
3. Go for a walk. Enjoy all that life has to offer and really stay in the moment.
4. Listen. We spend so much time talking that we forget to listen.
5. Breathe. Inhale, exhale, and relax.
Karen Taylor Bass is a best-selling author, PR Expert and understands that life only gets better when you press RESET. Follow her @thebrandnewmom