Non Traditional Baby Showers: 7 Cool Themes
Traditional baby showers are getting pushed aside quickly for a variety of modern non traditional baby showers – including Showers for Dads, Virtual Showers, Diaper Dinners and more. All images are courtesy of Diaperdabbler
1. Long Distance Showers and Virtual Baby Showers (that’s right, if Mom and baby-to-be are far from you, you can still get involved via the Internet!)
2. Sip and See: Usually takes place after the baby is born. Sip on something delicious and see the New Baby. Mom gets a chance to see friends and family, friends and family get to visit mom and see/hold a new baby!
3. Sprinkle: A sprinkle is just like it sounds – a mini shower. Usually reserved for a Mom who is on her third or more child.
4. Event shower : An adult event (of Mom’s choosing) that everyone can enjoy such as a Spa/Pamper day, Movie night, Hiking in the woods, Bowling, Scrapbooking – the possibilities are limitless.
5. A Man Shower: Yup a shower for the dad-to-be, which can be a simple gathering at a local bar for beers, burgers and crap talking! Men can bring cigars and/or gifts.
6. Eco friendly Baby Showers Parents everywhere are going green as they prepare for the new addition. Support their efforts with eco-friendly options, like nontoxic baby toys and essentials, reusable serving ware and decorations, cloth diapers.
7. Diaper Dinners. This is a great idea for repeat moms, who already have some kids clothes, the stroller, the pack-n-play, the crib, and all that other Baby Gear. What any mom needs, whether it’s their 1st or 10th child, is diapers. The Diaper Dinner is a great alternative Baby Shower, where everyone can get together, eat, visit, and have a great time, while stocking Mom with a much needed stash of diapers.