It’s Handled: Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quesadillas
This super-fast meal is just the thing for weekdays. Make it for dinner and enjoy leftovers the next day hot or at room temperature. The quintessential handheld meal, you can even slice it into smaller bits for tiny hands to take to daycare. Skip the cheese and sour cream to make this a vegan delight. Courtesy of Health.com.
1 large sweet potato, peeled and mashed
1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes and chilies, drained
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 medium flour tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Combine sweet potatoes, beans, and Rotel in large mixing bowl.
3. Spray a cooking sheet with non-stick spray and place two of the tortillas on it, side-by-side. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
4. Divide sweet potato mixture in half and spread (approximately 3/4 cup) on each tortilla. Then, cover with the remaining tortillas, press to spread sweet potato mixture evenly to the edges, and lightly spray the tops with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Cook quesadillas in oven for 12-14 minutes until the tops of tortillas start to lightly brown.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a 2-3 minutes before cutting.
7. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, or your other favorite toppings.