15 Foods High In Folic Acid
It should come as no surprise that one of the planet’s healthiest foods is also one of the highest in folate. For an immediate boost in folic acid, consider adding more spinach, collard greens, kale, turnip greens and romaine lettuce into your daily diet. Just one large plate of these delicious leafy greens can provide you with almost all of your daily needs for folic acid.
Below is a short list of leafy greens that are high in folic acid.
· Spinach — 1 cup = 263 mcg of folate (65% DV)
· Collard Greens — 1 cup = 177 mcg of folate (44% DV)
· Turnip Greens — 1 cup = 170 mcg of folate (42% DV)
· Mustard Greens — 1 cup = 103 mcg of folate (26% DV)
· Romaine Lettuce — 1 cup = 76 mcg of folate (19% DV)