Just because you don’t want to live in the midst of intense drama and theatrics 24/7, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy watching it unfold for someone else on T.V. And that is where soap operas, aka, “stories,” come in. With plot lines that range from relatable to mythical to some that are just plain ‘ol bizarre (characters are killed off but come back mysteriously), there’s nothing like continuous drama that gets better from week to week. And if it doesn’t get better, there’s always next week to look forward to. So imagine my distaste to the recent news that “One Life to Live” and my beloved “All My Children” (after 40+ years!) were being canceled. What is a weekday morning without a soap!? To celebrate the role that stories have had in many black women’s mornings (preferably on days off I hope), here are five notable daytime drama queens whose fictitious lives and believable acting entertain (or entertained) us every week.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- CNN Reporter Mistakes Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Members For The Crips
- How A Traffic Stop Ended In Tragedy: Dashboard Footage In Walter Scott Murder Released
- Why President Obama’s Selma Speech Was So Disappointing
- Scathing Ferguson Report Highlights The Racial Bias Of The City’s Government, And The Debtor Prison Culture
- Must Watch: Black Mothers’ New Year’s Resolutions For America
Did You Know The FLOTUS Is #TeamNatural? 125 Comments
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural