Just because you don’t want to live in the midst of intense drama and theatrics 24/7, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy watching it unfold for someone else on T.V. And that is where soap operas, aka, “stories,” come in. With plot lines that range from relatable to mythical to some that are just plain ‘ol bizarre (characters are killed off but come back mysteriously), there’s nothing like continuous drama that gets better from week to week. And if it doesn’t get better, there’s always next week to look forward to. So imagine my distaste to the recent news that “One Life to Live” and my beloved “All My Children” (after 40+ years!) were being canceled. What is a weekday morning without a soap!? To celebrate the role that stories have had in many black women’s mornings (preferably on days off I hope), here are five notable daytime drama queens whose fictitious lives and believable acting entertain (or entertained) us every week.
More on Madame Noire!
- When The Shoe Don't Fit, You Have To Quit! The Worst Celebrity Foot Offenses
- You Have 0 New Messages: Signs It's Time To Re-Vamp Your Online Dating Profile Now
- Do It Now! 10 Steps To Fighting Procrastination
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Why Don't The Smart, Successful Men Date Black Women?
- Gizmos, Gadgets, And Games That Kept Us Entertained Back In The Day
- Breathe, Stretch, Prioritize: How To Be More Productive At Work
- Plastic Surgery And Skin Bleaching: Celebrities Who Took It Too Far
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN