Just because you don’t want to live in the midst of intense drama and theatrics 24/7, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy watching it unfold for someone else on T.V. And that is where soap operas, aka, “stories,” come in. With plot lines that range from relatable to mythical to some that are just plain ‘ol bizarre (characters are killed off but come back mysteriously), there’s nothing like continuous drama that gets better from week to week. And if it doesn’t get better, there’s always next week to look forward to. So imagine my distaste to the recent news that “One Life to Live” and my beloved “All My Children” (after 40+ years!) were being canceled. What is a weekday morning without a soap!? To celebrate the role that stories have had in many black women’s mornings (preferably on days off I hope), here are five notable daytime drama queens whose fictitious lives and believable acting entertain (or entertained) us every week.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Domestic Violence Watch
- Meagan Good, Chad Coleman To Star In Law & Order: SVU Episode On Domestic Violence
- “You Put Your Hands On Me” Ray J’s Ex Manager Morgan Hardman Says He Hit Her
- A Real Stand Up Guy: Memphitz Threatens To Release K Michelle Sex Tape
- K. Michelle: I Didn’t Lie About Being Abused
- “To Get To Be A Professional Athlete, It Takes Anger.” Terry Crews Talks Anger And It Effect On Athletes
Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube!
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2014 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural