Looking to watch a Black film and in the mood for something other than Tyler Perry? There are many Black independent directors, writers and actors who are making quality, complex films that will make you laugh and touch your heart. Some of these works are by artists who have worked hard to make these films without big studio bankrolls. Due to lack of promotion and distribution, many folks have no idea that these great films even exist. There are also some brilliant classic Black films that many of us have not been exposed to. These poignant works deserve some shine and we need to demand that they receive adequate marketing and are made widely available. However, that’s a topic for another post. For now, please load up your Netflix queue with these flicks or support them in the theaters. Here is a list of great independent or lesser-known Black films past and present.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- Black Fatigue Is Real: How Much More Can We Take?
- Iyanla Vanzant Is Going To Heal Baltimore, But What About Ohio?
- CNN Reporter Mistakes Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Members For The Crips
- How A Traffic Stop Ended In Tragedy: Dashboard Footage In Walter Scott Murder Released
- Why President Obama’s Selma Speech Was So Disappointing
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural