Say what you want now, but “The Real World” single-handedly ushered in the reality TV craze. In the beginning, it was all about painting a grim, but true portrait of everyday life for young people in this little, big world of ours. And while the show was able to do all that, it’s always had a crutch when it comes to diversifying. The few black people featured from season to season were often remembered as over-agressive brothas carrying around ticking time bomb tempers. With all that, the black women of “The Real World” haven’t fully received their due, and with the 25th season starting today, it’s about time. A few of my faves, they weren’t all positive role models, but they looked like us, were interesting, and were very real indeed…Ooooo ladies first!
More on Madame Noire!
- Whatchu Know About That?! 10 Songs I Shouldn't Have Been Singing As A Kid
- Here Comes The Mess: The Tackiest, Over-The-Top Wedding Shows On TV
- Breakout Actors From Ensemble Casts Who've Managed To Stay Relevant On Their Own
- Time For A Check Up: Celebrities Who Are Coping With Serious Illnesses
- 14 Rules To Follow When Getting Back With Your Ex
- Because One Awkward Hook-Up Isn't Enough: Celebs Who Repeatedly Date Their Co-Stars
- Way Before That Hiatus From Music: 9 Big Songs You Probably Didn't Know Keri Hilson Wrote
Lyfe Jennings Lands ‘Ratchet-Free’ Reality Show With His Kids That He Swears Will Be Nothing Like ‘All My Baby Mamas’
But he does have some baby mama drama.Read More
Mommy In Chief
His voice is so smooth.Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN