Will You Watch? “The Unauthorized Saved By the Bell Story” Coming To Lifetime
I don’t know how you’ll feel about this but personally I’m geeked. This week, Lifetime announced that it’s bringing one of our favorite ’90’s television shows to the air. It’s “The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story.”
According to Lifetime, the series chronicles the experiences of six young and unknown actors who were thrust into the Hollywood spotlight and forced to deal with the public scrutiny and trying to maintain a squeaky clean image of their on screen characters.
The film, which will air on Labor Day, Monday Sept 1, is currently being filmed in Vancouver.
So who are the actors who will play our faves from back in the day?
– Dylan Everett (“Degrassi: The Next Generation”) is set to play Mark-Paul Gosselaar in the role of “Zack Morris.”
– Sam Kindseth (“Shameless”) is Dustin Diamond, and everyone’s favorite geek “Screech.”
– Julian Works (“Paranormal Activity,” “Modern Family”) fills the shoes of Mario Lopez, and as “A.C. Slater.”
– Alyssa Lynch (“The High Jumping Witch”) plays Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, who originated the part of “Kelly Kapowski.”
– Tiera Skovbye (“Supernatural,” “Girl in Progress”) takes on the role of Elizabeth Berkley and her series character “Jessie Sapano.”
And lastly, the character we all care about, Lisa Turtle, our fave, will be portrayed by Taylor Russell McKenzie (“Blink”).
You can compare and contrast the two below.
What do you think about this made-for-tv movie and the casting for Lisa Turtle? Will you watch?