Happy 26th Birthday Ri Ri! Rihanna’s 26 Best Hair Moments
Happy Birthday Rihanna! Today the woman we know as Bad Gal Ri Ri turns the big 2-6 and one thing that’s for sure is the woman has about as many controversial hair choices as she does raunchy dance moves on stage and suspect magazine interviews. Since it’s Ri Ri’s bday we thought we’d focus on the good, though, so we’re counting down Rihanna’s best hair moments starting with her introduction to the world back in the mid-2000s. Let us know which look is your favorite.
1. Ri Ri’s first bomb hair moment dates back to this brown bob she rocked at the MGM Garden Arena in Las Vegas in 2006. How cute does she look?!
2.Say what you want about Rihanna’s forehead, she proved she’s not ashamed of it when she rocked this middle-part sleek ‘do at the 2nd Annual Vibe Magazine Pre-Oscar Gala in LA back in 2007.
3. In March of 2007 Rihanna debuted the bob of all bobs and had women everywhere asking their beautician for this asymmetrical cut.
4. Who didn’t hit up their beautician again two months later and ask for this exact bowl cut after Ri Ri cut her hair yet again in May of 2007?
5. At the 2007 BET Awards Rihanna showed us how to make our bobs even more glam with this curly look.
7. These edgy waves Rihanna wore at the 2007 American Music Awards showed us yet again how much versatility a bob can have.
9. Back in the day Rihanna didn’t stick with haircuts for long, but everyone was pleasantly surprised when she chopped her bob off for this pixie in the summer of 2008.
10. Are we the only ones who miss the blonde streak? It was just enough color to make Rihanna’s pixie pop among the rest.
11. Likewise, with this little curl Ri Ri showed us a pixie can be just as versatile as any other cut.
12. Ri Ri proved her point again at the DKMS’ 3rd Annual Gala at Cipriani n New York with this pompadour look.
13. This crop at the Pre-Grammy Gala in Beverly Hills back in 2009 definitely stole the show.
14. Rihanna’s blonde roll at the Glamour Woman of the Year Awards in 2009 was one of the most elegant looks we’ve ever seen her pull off.
16. In early 2010, Rihanna brought her bowl cut back, but with a blonde twist, and it was awesome.
17. And then she made her bowl cut red and we had a hard time deciding which color we loved more.
18. Pulling off bright red weave without looking hood is no easy task — just ask Love & Hip-Hop‘s Rashida Ali. Rihanna wore it quite well, though, with this casual updo back in 2010.
19. How girly and playful was this curly red updo Rihanna wore to switch on the Christmas lights at The Westfield Shopping Centre in London in Spring 2010?
20. For most people, red hair on top of a red dress would be a fashion disaster. For Rihanna, this was one of her best red carpet looks.
22. We know we weren’t the only ones cheering when Ri Ri brought her black pixie back at the 2012 MTV Music Video Awards.
23. Rihanna’s rocked a lot of different looks on her tours, but these full blonde tresses from her 2013 Diamonds Tour are our fave.
24. We’re not sure why Rihanna didn’t keep these gray locks longer. They actually looked great on her.
25. We were so hoping Rihanna would’ve kept this beachy-waved bob beyond her Balmain campaign. It was fierce.