Drake has not been holding back when it comes to the stuff he doesn’t like these days. The usually cheerful rapper of course called out Macklemore for sending an apology text to Kendrick Lamar after the Grammys that the “Thrift Shop” rapper shared with the world. In a new Rolling Stone interview he said the apology didn’t feel genuine, but at the same time, knowing his disdain for Kendrick Lamar these days, Drake told Macklemore that he shouldn’t have felt bad for winning over the West Coast MC: “You think those guys would pay homage to you if they won?”
But this morning he let the world know that he’s done doing interviews for Rolling Stone and other magazines in general. He claims that he was misquoted (not about the Macklemore statements, he stands by those, but about Kanye West’s last album) and was upset that at the last minute, they took him off of the magazine cover. However, Drake lost his cover to actor Phillip Seymour Hoffman, who we all know just passed away from a heroin overdose. Anywho, here’s what he said on Twitter, be sure to read from the bottom up.
UPDATE: Rolling Stone has responded to Drake’s statements. According to TMZ, sources close to the rapper say he only wanted to do the RS interview if he was going to front the new issue, but the magazine says that they informed him that he would be swapped out last week, so why he’s saying everything was “last minute” is unclear to them. Drake was interviewed on January 28 and the photo shoot was finished before Hoffman died on February 2, so they knew soon after Hoffman’s death that they would put the actor on the cover. Drake has actually deleted his comments about the magazine on Twitter in the last hour.
While it’s wack that he possibly spoke on Yeezus off-the-record only to have it put in the interview, as for the cover, it’s only right to show love to Hoffman. Drake will have plenty of other opportunities to grace Rolling Stone–that is, if he decides to do interviews for magazines again (and after his fussing, if Rolling Stone want him back…).