In everyone’s list of black women that helped define fashion throughout history, there are the persistent regulars. Let’s see: Grace Jones, Dorothy Dandridge, Halle Berry, Lena Horne, Diana Ross and on and on. They’re known best because they were bombshells or they were fashion freaks–I mean that in a good way, Grace Jones. But behind all these big names and the people that count them as their fashion icons, there have been women like you and me, who aren’t all about the over-the-top glitz but about wearing what works for them and them only. They make their own trends. They are the unsung icons of fashion. So here’s a toast to the women who changed your wardrobe, your hair, your makeup and overall style, even though you didn’t realize it.
More on Madame Noire!
- Not My Finest Moment: 9 Celebrities Who Bashed Their Own Work
- That Won't Get It Right Or Tight: 14 Most Common Workout Mistakes
- Leave It To The Professionals: Celebrity Shade That Didn't Go Over Too Well
- Super Powers, White Hats & Dad: The "Scandal" Season Finale Recap
- Be All You Can Be: Celebrities Who Have Served In The Military
- Age Ain't Nothing But A Number -- Or Is It? Tips For Dating An Older Gentleman
- People Who Can't "Sang" But Still Make Good Music
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN