It can be hard to know if the guy you’re with loves you or loves you not. From my own experience and the women I coach, a few things makes it difficult to know if he loves you:
- your definition and experience of love is different from his
- your expectations that love has to be a certain way
- your insecurities get in the way of seeing things clearly
- and his words, behaviors and actions are contradicting, causing you to doubt his feelings for you.
Like most women, you will meet, date and be in relationships with different types of men. And during the course of your love life, you’ll experience one or all of these situations.
- Guys you’ve known for a short time will tell you they love you without really knowing who you are. If this happens, don’t believe them. They most likely have an ulterior motive, like trying to have sex with you, and are using those three big words to sway you into bed.
- Guys say they love you but don’t treat you as if they do because they don’t know how to love. They love themselves more than they love you or aren’t capable of love. You will know you’re with this kind of guy because you will doubt and question his love for you.
- Guys who don’t say those three words and don’t treat you well. These guys don’t love you. You should leave this kind of person to be available for a somene who will treat you well.
- Guys who don’t say those three words, yet treat you with love. These guys may actually love you. They may not wear their heart on their sleeves and are more comfortable expressing their love through actions instead of words.
- Guys who say they love you and treat you with love. There is no doubt that they love you. If you date or are in a relationship with this guy, he is a keeper.
So, how can you know if the guy you’re with truly loves you or loves you not? If your guy exhibits these 7 signs, he most likely loves you.
Read more on love at YourTango.com