So Long, Katy Perry! Rihanna Breaks Record For Most Chart-Topping Songs
Knocking Katy Perry off her throne, Rihanna is the newly-crowned songstress with the most hits! Eminem’s “Monster,” on which Rihanna was featured in, is the Bajan beauty’s 11th No.1 pop song, Billboard reports.
Rihanna’s good friend Miss Perry once held the tiara for having the most hits with 10 chart-topping songs, but the “Where Have You Been” singer surpassed the American Music Awards’ opening performer and broke a new record as Billboard’s new hit master. Rihanna has come a long way from “Pon De Replay,” an island club banger that was dismissed as a one-hit wonder.
Here’s a list to remind you of the 25-year-old singer’s hit-makers:
1. 2006, “SOS” (one week at No. 1)
2. 2008, “Take a Bow” (three)
3. 2008, “Disturbia” (three)
4. 2008, “Live Your Life” (T.I. feat. Rihanna) (two)
5. 2010, “Rude Boy” (two)
6. 2010, “Love the Way You Lie” (Eminem feat. Rihanna) (two)
7. 2010, “Only Girl (In the World)” (three)
8. 2011, “S&M” (one)
9. 2011, “We Found Love” (Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris) (eight)
10. 2013, “Stay” (Rihanna feat. Mikky Ekko) (one to date)
According to Billboard, a chart-topper is defined by its radio airplay. During it’s 21-year history, Rihanna is the first artist to break the 10-hit tally.
As if breaking a Billboard record isn’t enough of a Christmas treat, Rihanna has also been showered with lovely holiday gifts from Rodarte, Stella McCartney, Miu Miu, Prada, and Versace that includes shoes, sunglasses, luxury bags, and more. How do we know? Because she’s posting them on Instagram. Tacky?
Either way, this year seems like a good year to be RiRi!