Not long ago, I wrote an article on whether or not heterosexual male/female relationships can truly be considered “platonic.” While some debated that they may not start off that way, most agreed that male/female friendships can, in fact, exist. Don’t get me wrong, having friends of the opposite sex is perfectly acceptable; however, for some, there is a thin line between a healthy, platonic friendship and an emotional affair. If one is not too careful, a close intimate relationship can evolve into something deeper and while it may not be a physical relationship, the emotional intimacy of the relationship can be just as damaging, if not more, than a physical one. Sometimes it’s hard to tell when your partner is developing an emotional connection with someone else, but there are usually signs that his “friendship” with the other woman is detracting from the intimacy that rightfully belongs to you and your relationship. When his connection with someone else starts to have a negative effect on your relationship, you will be able to tell when it has crossed the line into an emotional affair by looking out for these tell-tale signs.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- “All Cops Ain’t Bad”: The Problem With The Feel Good Cop Viral Videos…
- Samuel Jackson Calls Out Stars Who Did The ALS Ice Bucket Challenges But Won’t Speak Out About Police Brutality
- Family Of Akai Gurley, Killed By Rookie NYPD Officer, Tell Rev. Al Sharpton To Stay Away From Funeral: “Who Made You The Spokesperson Of Our Family?”
- Tamir Rice’s Family Files Lawsuit Against Cleveland Police Department
- #AliveWhileBlack Hashtag Spotlights Black People’s Very Sad And Scary Interactions With Police
Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube!
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2014 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural