Put It On Hold: Zimmerman Won’t Get Gun Back Until Department of Justice Is Done Examining Evidence

No comments
July 19, 2013 ‐ By

 zimmerman-028-070813

Well this is a good sign. The Department of Justice placed a hold on all the evidence found in shooting and death of Trayvon Martin by neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman.

That means that Zimmerman’s gun won’t be returned to him. You may remember that reports earlier this week claimed that legally Zimmerman was entitled to get his gun back.

But yesterday Sanford Police Captain James McAuliffe confirmed the hold.

This past week at the NAACP convention in Orlando, FL U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said the Justice Department has an open investigation in the case. The department is looking into whether Zimmerman violated Martin’s civil rights.

But even still a CBS affiliate reported that a gun shop owner in Volusia County has offered to give Zimmerman a free gun. The shop owner said he wasn’t trying to make a political statement but that in light of all of the death threats Zimmerman has received.

More from Styleblazer

More from Mommynoire

MadameNoire Video

Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN
Get the MadameNoire
Newsletter
The best stories sent right to your inbox!
close [x]