If you were to take a person of another race and make them black for a week, there a few things they would learn pretty quickly. 1. Racial profiling is real. 2. Maze ft. Frankie Beverly’s “Before I Let You Go” is the unofficial black national anthem and lastly 3. The community, particularly the Bougie variety, do not rock with Tyler Perry. Obviously there are legions of Tyler Perry fans but there’s certainly an equally large group that can’t stand his work. There are people who act like they get paid to throw shade on Tyler and his work. Cough Spike Lee Cough. And while there are plenty of haters among the “reading black” community, I’m here to let you know that not all of Tyler’s work is as bad as people would have you believe. So if you’re one of those people who’s sworn off T.P., maybe you should check out the films below.
- MN Business
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Don't Shoot
- Disturbing Video Of Laquan McDonald’s Fatal Shooting Leads To Protest In Chicago
- 5 Black Lives Matter Protesters Shot In Minneapolis
- Black Lives Matter: Brazilian Police Kill Citizens 6 Times More Than U.S.
- On A Corridor Of Chaos, Natalie’s Cakes Thrives One Year After Mike Brown’s Death
- Live From Ferguson: Canfield Drive One Year Later
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural