If you were to take a person of another race and make them black for a week, there a few things they would learn pretty quickly. 1. Racial profiling is real. 2. Maze ft. Frankie Beverly’s “Before I Let You Go” is the unofficial black national anthem and lastly 3. The community, particularly the Bougie variety, do not rock with Tyler Perry. Obviously there are legions of Tyler Perry fans but there’s certainly an equally large group that can’t stand his work. There are people who act like they get paid to throw shade on Tyler and his work. Cough Spike Lee Cough. And while there are plenty of haters among the “reading black” community, I’m here to let you know that not all of Tyler’s work is as bad as people would have you believe. So if you’re one of those people who’s sworn off T.P., maybe you should check out the films below.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- How A Traffic Stop Ended In Tragedy: Dashboard Footage In Walter Scott Murder Released
- Why President Obama’s Selma Speech Was So Disappointing
- Scathing Ferguson Report Highlights The Racial Bias Of The City’s Government, And The Debtor Prison Culture
- Must Watch: Black Mothers’ New Year’s Resolutions For America
- “This Has To Be The Cruelest Thing I’ve Ever Seen”: New Video Shows Sister Of Tamir Rice Being Tackled, Handcuffed By Police After Shooting
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural