“I’ll Fight You With These Heels On!” TV One Releases The “R&B Divas L.A.” Superteaser!
We were wondering if TV One was going to give us more than just a quick promo of R&B Divas L.A.Well, they finally delivered!
In the three minute superteaser, we learn that Kelly’s idea for this version of the Divas is to create a “musical monologue” of sorts. It’ll apparently be called Not Yo Mama’s Monologue – yeah, tell me about it – and each woman will be focusing on a very specific story they want to tell.
It looks like R&B Divas L.A. will focus a lot more on each woman’s personal life as they make their way through the planning of the show:
- From Chanté Moore, it seems like she and ex-husband Kenny are in a bit of a battle and he’ll be fighting for custody of their son. We also get a glimpse of a seemingly very cordial conversation with her first ex husband, Kadeem Hardison, and color me surprised because I don’t think anyone knew they got along!
- Claudette Ortiz is dealing with the life of a single parent (although she also seems to have a good relationship with her ex-husband) to three children and figuring out a way to get back into the music industry.
- Lil Mo is continuing her role of being heard before anyone actually ses her. She uprooted her entire family to Los Angeles and is looking to really vamp up her career.
- Dawn Robinson is desperate to have a child. She finally thinks she’s in a good place in her life with her relationship and would like to make it happen.
- Michel’le is…well, we don’t really know what’s going on. We know she’s recording a song or an album but that’s all we got from her in the clip. I wonder could it have anything to do with her squeaky voice and not wanting to give people too much of that before the show airs.
- Kelly Price, like Faith Evans, is the captain of this ship. We see her arguing with a man and then talking about a fight but other than that, it appears her role is to keep everyone together.
Anyway, check out the teaser and tell us what you think? Will you be watching R&B Divas L.A. when it premieres July 10th?