If you’re hip to the lingo, you’ve probably heard the term “basic” being applied to women who make irresponsible life decisions or place value on the shallow or superficial. Typically, when the word basic is used it’s followed by another b word. But since we don’t want to offend or appear basic ourselves, we’re going to use chick for the purposes of this post. While none of us is “too good” to have moments of basic chick-ness; stuff happens and you may occasionally step out of your character. But if you consistently find yourself subscribing to these dysfunctional schools of thought, then this is a wake up call, a plea to do better. See what I mean.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- Black Fatigue Is Real: How Much More Can We Take?
- Iyanla Vanzant Is Going To Heal Baltimore, But What About Ohio?
- CNN Reporter Mistakes Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Members For The Crips
- How A Traffic Stop Ended In Tragedy: Dashboard Footage In Walter Scott Murder Released
- Why President Obama’s Selma Speech Was So Disappointing
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural