About This Episode
If you're a Mother having problems getting your Baby to latch on when it comes to breastfeeding this bonus episode of Mommy In Chief is for you. We've invited back Doctor Lisette Lugo, to offer advice and resources for Moms who are experiecing complications when it comes to breastfeeding.
About Dr. Lissette Lugo
Lissette Lugo, MD, is an attending anesthesiologist and instructor, specializing in obstetric anesthesiology and women’s health. Having practiced anesthesiology in the NYC metro area since 2005, Dr. Lugo has carried her passion for improving women’s health around the world. In addition to her primary work in the City, she has provided medical services to underserved women and children while on mission to the Philippines, West Africa, Southern Africa, and South America. Connecting all of her medical experiences, Dr. Lugo believes in the power of a healing environment in serving the best healthcare experience possible.
Dr. Lugo is a graduate and active alumna of the Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University. She completed her Anesthesiology residency at New York Presbyterian Hospital - Cornell and an Obstetric Anesthesiology fellowship at the Brigham and Woman’s Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts.
To connect with Dr. Lugo visit her at everywomanwellness.com or follow her on facebook, twitter and pintrest at every woman nyc.
About Karyn Parsons
Karyn Parsons is best known as the character “Hilary Banks” on the long-running television show, “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.” Today she is a wife and mother of two. Parsons is also the Founder and President of the Sweet Blackberry foundation after being inspired by the true tale of a determined slave and the remarkable lengths he travelled to find his freedom. While growing up, Parsons' mother, a librarian in the Black Resource Center of a library in South Central Los Angeles, would share stories of African-American accomplishment with her daughter. A mother and activist, Karyn created Sweet Blackberry to use the power of stories to inspire youth. Follow her on Twitter @Karyn_Parsons.
Want More Mommy In Chief? Watch these episodes:
- Episode 1: Mommy-To-Be: Pregnancy In 3 Stages
- Episode 2: The Truth About Breastfeeding
- Episode 3: Delivery Debate: Natural Birth Vs. C-Section
- Episode 4: The Perfect Mother's Day Gift
- Episode 5: Actress Kym Whitley Talks New Baby & Food Allergies for Kids
- Episode 6: Keeping Your Child Entertained This Summer Without TV
- Episode 7: Ask a Black Father | Mommy in Chief Father's Day Special
- Episode 8: Building Your Child's Self Esteem
- Episode 1: Are You A Good Enough Mother?
- Episode 2: New Motherhood and Balancing A Busy Work Life
- Episode 3: How to Decorate an Eco-Friendly Baby Nursery
- Episode 4: Foodie, Nicole Friday on Kids and Career
- Episode 5: Melissa Beck, From Hollywood to Stay At Home Mom
- Episode 6: Single Mom in The City
- Episode 7: Mommy Mogul and Marketing Wiz Monique Jackson at Home With Her Boys
- Episode 8: Beauty Maven Jodie Patterson Talks Four-Day Work Week for Moms
- Episode 9: Tonya Lewis Lee on Motherhood and the Importance of Women's Health
- Episode 1: Back 2 School
- Episode 2: Happy Halloween
- Episode 3: Socially Responsible Kids
- Episode 4: Money Talks
- Episode 5: Keeping Families Healthy
- Episode 6: Thanksgiving Madness
- Episode 7: Highlights and Best Moments
- Episode 8: Stylish Moms
- Episode 9: Best Apps for Moms
- Episode 10: Socialite Kids
- Episode 11: Hair Talk with AfroBella
- Episode 12: Happy New Year!
Recommended For You
- Don't Shoot
#AaliyahForMAC Petition Makes Waves On Social Media 2,142 Shares
#WhoPeedOnDrake: How Meek Mill Is Winning This Beef 19,126 Views
Six Sure Signs He’s Not in Love Anymore 7,873 Views
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural