For black women, finding hair and beauty products that actually do what the label says they do is often, well—challenging. “African-American women spend $7.5 billion annually on beauty products, which is 80 percent more than the general market,” according to NYmag.com, but the reality is most of those products go unused. With the birth of BirchBox in 2010, a monthly beauty subscription in which you pay $10 a month to try deluxe samples of makeup, hair and face products, a new way of testing beauty products for women was born. In 2012, we reported on CurlBox, a company looking to make finding hair care products easier for black women, and since then, more black owned subscription services have launched looking to help fill that gap. Here are a few you should check out.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- How A Traffic Stop Ended In Tragedy: Dashboard Footage In Walter Scott Murder Released
- Why President Obama’s Selma Speech Was So Disappointing
- Scathing Ferguson Report Highlights The Racial Bias Of The City’s Government, And The Debtor Prison Culture
- Must Watch: Black Mothers’ New Year’s Resolutions For America
- “This Has To Be The Cruelest Thing I’ve Ever Seen”: New Video Shows Sister Of Tamir Rice Being Tackled, Handcuffed By Police After Shooting
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural