Black screenwriters and directors are no longer waiting for the stars to align, prompting Hollywood to give them a big break and a chance at being the next Spike Lee or Salim Akil. Instead, they’re taking what’s theirs and gaining national attention by pooling together the resources they do have, creating their own platforms and producing the thought-provoking content that our culture currently lacks. For a long time, the idea of a web series left many rolling their eyes as they envisioned low quality video footage, bad acting and poor scripts, but the black web series has evolved and that simply isn’t the case anymore. Today, we have the privilege of choosing from an array of quality web series with amazing scripts, talented actors and actresses, and plots so engaging that they leave some of the biggest skeptics scouring the web trying to find out when the next episode is going to drop. We all know and love Issa Rae’s Awkward Black Girl series, but there are plenty more amazing shows floating around the web. Check out these 10 black web series that you should most certainly consider giving a try.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Don't Shoot
- Why President Obama’s Selma Speech Was So Disappointing
- Scathing Ferguson Report Highlights The Racial Bias Of The City’s Government, And The Debtor Prison Culture
- Must Watch: Black Mothers’ New Year’s Resolutions For America
- “This Has To Be The Cruelest Thing I’ve Ever Seen”: New Video Shows Sister Of Tamir Rice Being Tackled, Handcuffed By Police After Shooting
- Ferguson Grand Juror Suing Prosecutor Robert McCulloch; Says He Focused More On Michael Brown Than Darren Wilson When Presenting Case
Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube!
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural