Black screenwriters and directors are no longer waiting for the stars to align, prompting Hollywood to give them a big break and a chance at being the next Spike Lee or Salim Akil. Instead, they’re taking what’s theirs and gaining national attention by pooling together the resources they do have, creating their own platforms and producing the thought-provoking content that our culture currently lacks. For a long time, the idea of a web series left many rolling their eyes as they envisioned low quality video footage, bad acting and poor scripts, but the black web series has evolved and that simply isn’t the case anymore. Today, we have the privilege of choosing from an array of quality web series with amazing scripts, talented actors and actresses, and plots so engaging that they leave some of the biggest skeptics scouring the web trying to find out when the next episode is going to drop. We all know and love Issa Rae’s Awkward Black Girl series, but there are plenty more amazing shows floating around the web. Check out these 10 black web series that you should most certainly consider giving a try.
More on Madame Noire!
- Breathe, Stretch, Prioritize: How To Be More Productive At Work
- Plastic Surgery And Skin Bleaching: Celebrities Who Took It Too Far
- Communication Is A Two-Way Street: How To Become A Better Listener
- Thank God That's Over: 9 Moments No Woman Wants To Relive
- 15 Women Who Married Celebrity Men Who Started From The Bottom
- Surprise Pregnancies And The Insane Che Mack: 9 Ratch Things We Learned While Watching Love And Hip Hop Atlanta Last Night
- That'll Do: Movie Franchises We've Definitely Had Enough Of
Mommy In Chief
Mommy In Chief
Is your child energetic and full of life?Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN