Black screenwriters and directors are no longer waiting for the stars to align, prompting Hollywood to give them a big break and a chance at being the next Spike Lee or Salim Akil. Instead, they’re taking what’s theirs and gaining national attention by pooling together the resources they do have, creating their own platforms and producing the thought-provoking content that our culture currently lacks. For a long time, the idea of a web series left many rolling their eyes as they envisioned low quality video footage, bad acting and poor scripts, but the black web series has evolved and that simply isn’t the case anymore. Today, we have the privilege of choosing from an array of quality web series with amazing scripts, talented actors and actresses, and plots so engaging that they leave some of the biggest skeptics scouring the web trying to find out when the next episode is going to drop. We all know and love Issa Rae’s Awkward Black Girl series, but there are plenty more amazing shows floating around the web. Check out these 10 black web series that you should most certainly consider giving a try.
- MN Business
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Follow MadameNoire on Google+
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Domestic Violence Watch
- NFL Introduces More Strict Conduct Policy
- Mel B’s Husband Denies Hitting Her After She Showed Up On “X Factor” With A Swollen Face And Bruises
- 2-Year-Old Dies After Being Brutally Beaten By Stepdad
- Ray Rice Explains Why He Didn’t Apologize To Janay In Their First Press Conference, And Shares What They’ll Do If He Doesn’t Play In The NFL Again
- Back At It: Yung Berg And Masika Post Picture Of Themselves In Bed Together
Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube!
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2014 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural