Riding on the success of a New York Times best-selling novel, it wasn’t a stretch to see that The Secret Life of Bees would be made into a feature film. Six years after the book was published, it hit the big screen with an all-star cast. The movie, which was highly anticipated was number 3 in the box office, raking in over $10 million during its first weekend and then over $47 million by the time it finished its run. The movie eventually received mixed reviews, with some calling it too syrupy sweet while others thought it was delightfully moving. Whether you loved it or just thought it was “aight,” check out these behind the scenes secrets.
- MN Business
- Subscribe to MadameNoire
- Follow MadameNoire on Pinterest
- Subscribe to MadameNoire on YouTube
- Follow MadameNoire on Twitter
- Like MadameNoire on Facebook
- Follow MadameNoire on Tumblr
- Follow MadameNoire on Instagram
- Don't Shoot
- Disturbing Video Of Laquan McDonald’s Fatal Shooting Leads To Protest In Chicago
- 5 Black Lives Matter Protesters Shot In Minneapolis
- Black Lives Matter: Brazilian Police Kill Citizens 6 Times More Than U.S.
- On A Corridor Of Chaos, Natalie’s Cakes Thrives One Year After Mike Brown’s Death
- Live From Ferguson: Canfield Drive One Year Later
Sign up for the newsletter.
MadameNoire is a sophisticated lifestyle publication that gives African-American women the latest in fashion trends, black entertainment news, parenting tips and beauty secrets that are specifically for black women. Black women seek information on a wide variety of topics including African-American hair care, health issues, relationship advice and career trends - and MadameNoire provides all of that.
MadameNoire ® Copyright © 2010-2015 Moguldom Media Group. All Rights Reserved | Moguldom Multicultural