Where The Jobs Are: These Companies Are Hiring The Most
Looking for a job like the 12.1 million other Americans who are unemployed? Using data from job search engine Simply Hired, Forbes has compiled a list of the companies that are currently hiring the most. So dust off that resume and go for it. Here are the top five places, ranked by the most job openings.
1) AT&T: 35,479 job openings. The telecommunications giant is looking to fill retail positions, sales spots, and management jobs, among others.
2) Family Dollar Stores: 23,769 listings. The price-point retail chain is looking for store managers, customer service representatives, human resources coordinators, and more.
3) Toys “R” Us: 17,073 new slots. Like the other retailers, Toys “R” Us is bringing on thousands of part-time seasonal workers right now.
4) Kindred Healthcare: 14,233 job openings. All are full-time positions.
5) Best Buy: 13,979 postings. About half of these openings are for part-time, seasonal, contract or temporary positions.