About This Episode
She’s a marketing wiz and a monitor of her children’s social networking activity. Monique Jackson stresses how important the role of mothering really is when comes to regulating your child’s activity on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and any social network. Her advice to parents: You must always be aware and present of what’s going on!
About Monique Jackson
Publicist Monique Jackson is one half of TEAM Image, a public relations company she founded with partner Kita Williams. Monique got her start in marketing and promotions at Universal Pictures. She then moved on to a similar role at Island Def Jam records before branching out and forming TEAM Image in 2002. Known as “Momma Mo” for her ability to nurture and encourage clients to be their best, Mo attributes her career vector to her childhood dreams of becoming “a minister, a nurse and an entertainer.”
About Karyn Parsons
Karyn Parsons is best known as the character “Hilary Banks” on the long-running television show, “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.” Today she is a wife and mother of two. Parsons is also the Founder and President of the Sweet Blackberry foundation, which is inspired by the true tale of a determined slave and the remarkable lengths he traveled to find his freedom. While growing up, Parsons’ mother, a librarian in the Black Resource Center of a library in South Central Los Angeles, would share stories of African-American accomplishment with her daughter. A mother and activist, Karyn created Sweet Blackberry to use the power of stories to inspire youth. Follow her on Twitter @Karyn_Parsons.
Want More Mommy In Chief? Watch these episodes:
- Episode 1: Are You A Good Enough Mother?
- Episode 2: New Motherhood and Balancing A Busy Work Life
- Episode 3: How to Decorate an Eco-Friendly Baby Nursery
- Episode 4: Foodie, Nicole Friday on Kids and Career
- Episode 5: From Hollywood to Stay At Home Mom
- Episode 6: Single Mom in The City
- Episode 7: Mommy Mogul and Marketing Wiz Monique Jackson at Home With Her Boys
- Episode 8: Beauty Maven Jodie Patterson Talks Four-Day Work Week for Moms
- Episode 9: Tonya Lewis Lee on Motherhood and the Importance of Women’s Health
- Episode 1: Back 2 School
- Episode 2: Happy Halloween
- Episode 3: Socially Responsible Kids
- Episode 4: Money Talks
- Episode 5: Keeping Families Healthy
- Episode 6: Thanksgiving Madness
- Episode 7: Highlights and Best Moments
- Episode 8: Stylish Moms
- Episode 9: Best Apps for Moms
- Episode 10: Socialite Kids
- Episode 11: Hair Talk with AfroBella
- Episode 12: Happy New Year!