“Sometimes we want to be this person at home, this person at the office, and this person at church and then we get the lines mixed up. We want to be different people in different situations and it tears you apart. “What was happening with me is I would go and preach one thing, but then I was living another, and I could not do it. I could not look at myself in the mirror. No, I could not live like this. So, I had to just stop and say, ‘until I get married, that’s off the table.’”
“I’m happy,” he told Global Grind. “I just got married. It’s great. Things are great because she’s great. We’ve been married for just over three months and that was a key to happiness.” “Men, sometimes we run from [marriage.], but I’m telling you it’s a blessing. It is the greatest blessing of life to have be able to have love because then you’re at peace…no matter what happens career-wise, you have a home base.”Looks like he made the right choice. Do you think you could you go more than a decade without sex?
More on Madame Noire!
- Listen Up Ladies: 14 Universal Truths About Love That Will Help You Find The One Faster
- Why Do A Flood Of Good Men Come Your Way When You’re Taken, But Very Few Do When You’re Single And Ready To Mingle?
- An Open Letter To Men Who Spit All The Time: WTF Is Going On In Your Mouth?!
- Childless And Chilling: Do Black Women Feel Pressure From Others To Procreate?
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Should I Date An Insecure Man?
- Is It Just Me, Or Is Everyone Trying To Copy Aaliyah’s Style? 9 Celebs And Folks Who Tried (And Failed)
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of “Dreamgirls”