I could possibly be alone in my opinion, but I feel as though I’ve noticed open references to Aaliyah, her music and her style more than ever these days. Blame it on Drizzy Drake and his Stan-like I’m-bringing-Baby-Girl-back-to-life-whether-you-like-it-or-not campaign, but everywhere we turn, there’s a style spread or a make-up tutorial to tell you how to look exactly like the late singer. Add to that the actual singers dressing and acting like her in their videos and you’ll notice what I’m saying. I’m not saying I didn’t love me some Aaliyah, and some people actually do her legacy some justice with their tributes from time to time, but most folks know they need to quit while they’re ahead. We have both types of examples to show you in this slideshow. Keep on a-clickin’.
Is It Just Me, Or Is Everyone Trying To Copy Aaliyah’s Style? 9 Celebs And Folks Who Tried (And Failed)
More on Madame Noire!
- Way Before That Hiatus From Music: 9 Big Songs You Probably Didn't Know Keri Hilson Wrote
- Baseball Cuties You've Been Sleeping On
- Embrace Your Natural You -- Hair, Body, And Soul: 15 Ways To Fall In Love With Ourselves
- No One Is Immune: Famous Men And Women Who've Had Mastectomies
- It Might Not Be So Bad...How To Handle Being Set Up
- 'Oh Hell Naw!' Interesting Moments From Last Night's Episode Of LHHATL
- Bridal Rachetness: The Most Notorious Black Bridezillas
Mommy In Chief
His voice is so smooth.Read More
With Father’s Day right around the corner, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to chat with some celebrity dads about what that day means to them.Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN