Okay, I know we’re all excited but everyone, please, just breathe.
One of the most popular Oprah themed shows in the history of her 25 year run was, of course, “Oprah’s Favorite Things.” The repeated phrase, “You get a car! You get a car! You get a car!,” has become one of the most memorable moments in daytime television. Well, OWN just announced that “Favorite Things” will be making a very special appearance next month.
Set to air on November 18th on OWN, this episode of “Favorite Things” will have Oprah surprise a group of unexpected military spouses. This is sure to be one of those exciting yet emotional moments as military spouses tend to deal with so many trials and tribulations and can always use a break or big surprise. No matter what they receive, every giveaway is sure to be a “big moment.” This special will be immediately followed by a new docu-series, Married to the Military: Alaska.
I don’t know about you all but ever since Oprah was still on and I realized (and accepted) that I was never going to get tickets to any “Favorite Things” episode, I find myself so excited for all the people in the audience. Plus, it gives me new things to look up and obsess over.
Wait, a thought: First Lady Michelle Obama is big on support for military spouses. What if – wait for it – they get to have something like lunch or even just coffee with her? Well, I’d just die…but jealousy would set in first.
If you could think of one thing to receive as a “favorite thing,” what would it be?
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? The Real Hollywood Exes (And Mistresses) Of Music’s Biggest Players
- True Life: I Had To Learn The Hard Way
- Self-Pity? No Thanks: Why I Love The Chocolate Skin I’m In
- Well That’s…Interesting: Mimi Is Writing A Book On Warning Signs Of Dating Men In The Industry
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Why Falling In Love Is A Choice (And Why I Hate Romantic Comedies)
- Fall Into Your Feelings: How Autumn Will Affect Your Love Life
- Well, You Don’t Say: 9 Celebrities, Ballers, Authors And Vixens You Might Not Have Known Were Virgin Islanders