I don’t think it’s possible to have too many cute photos of the Obamas. The November issue of Ebony has a gorgeous photo of the Commander-in-Chief and First Lady on the cover for an “intimate conversation with our president.”
MSNBC host and professor Melissa Harris-Perry conducted the executive Q&A which also included a personal message from the president to African American families. Here are a few excerpts from the conversation:
“African Americans were hit especially hard by the recession…but over the past 30 months, businesses have created 4.5 million new jobs.”
“We created the first-ever White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans.”
“…the numbers of working poor who don’t have health care who are African American or Latino are higher than the general population…the 30 million people who are going to be able to get health care for the first time…are going to be African Americans.”
The November issue is on newsstands now. Make sure you grab your copy!
More on Madame Noire!
- Well, You Don’t Say: 9 Celebrities, Ballers, Authors And Vixens You Might Not Have Known Were Virgin Islanders
- If At First You Don’t Like Him, Try Again?: Should You Give Him A Second Chance?
- Be Real With Yourself: Is Your Past Behavior Causing Your Own Trust Issues?
- Heyyyy Awkward Black Girl! Issa Rae Talks Next Moves and Explains How Her Mama Put A Stop To Her Michelle O Project
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Why Falling In Love Is A Choice (And Why I Hate Romantic Comedies)
- An Open Letter To Men Suffering From Light-Skinned, Long Hair Syndrome: I’m Not Flattered
- Contemplating The Heart: How I Came To Understand That His Love Was Not A Pure Love