Shout out to The Jasmine Brand for picking up on this one. It seems yesterday afternoon Brandy and Monica’s fans, or stans I should say, were trying to stir up some 90s beef on Twitter for no apparent reason and the singers weren’t having it at all.
After scrolling for days on Twitter, I came across just a snippet of the hate fans of each lady were throwing at the other. For example:
@CJrockit: All @monicabrown do is hold notes long because her vocals are Shytety. She sounds like she swallowed a frog. @4everBrandy
@Silentbx: The only thing DELAYED is Monica’s career.. @ChrisFierce I suggest you stop worrying about Bran’s success & worry about your fakeness!
Apparently shots like this were getting thrown back and forth for hours until the ladies stepped in and intervened. First Monica sent a stern message to her followers:
Then a few hours lady Brandy jumped in to scold her own followers, tweeting:
After that, most of the beef seemed to subside with other followers of both ladies agreeing that the tweefing was silly, but considering Brandy’s album release is right around the corner, I wouldn’t be surprised if they went back at it again soon. At least these ladies know how to keep it classy.
On another note though, can we talk about this new trend of celebrities naming their fans? Doves and Starz? I’m so confused.
Why do you think fans keep trying to stir up beef between Brandy and Monica? And because I’m nosy like that, are you a Star or Dove?
More on Madame Noire!
- Well, You Don’t Say: 9 Celebrities, Ballers, Authors And Vixens You Might Not Have Known Were Virgin Islanders
- If At First You Don’t Like Him, Try Again?: Should You Give Him A Second Chance?
- Be Real With Yourself: Is Your Past Behavior Causing Your Own Trust Issues?
- Heyyyy Awkward Black Girl! Issa Rae Talks Next Moves and Explains How Her Mama Put A Stop To Her Michelle O Project
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Why Falling In Love Is A Choice (And Why I Hate Romantic Comedies)
- An Open Letter To Men Suffering From Light-Skinned, Long Hair Syndrome: I’m Not Flattered
- Contemplating The Heart: How I Came To Understand That His Love Was Not A Pure Love