From Black Voices
In shocking new audio recording of the NYPD performing a stop-and-frisk of a 16-year-old Harlem student, police officers are heard calling the teenager a “f**king mutt,” and threatening him with repeated violence.
The profanity-laced clip, obtained by The Nation, exposes extremely racist and violent attitudes held by the three plainclothes officers who stopped the student, named Alvin, simply because he “kept looking back” at them.
In the two-minute recording, Alvin is repeatedly heard asking the officers why they’ve stopped him, to which none of the officers provide a legitimate answer. Instead, the officers attempt to intimidate him with threats to “break [his] fucking arm” and punch him in the face.
Read more at Black Voices
More on Madame Noire!
- An Open Letter To Men Suffering From Light-Skinned, Long Hair Syndrome: I’m Not Flattered
- Amending The Girl Code: When Your Friend Gets Married, Are Her Ex-Boos Fair Game?
- That Time An Old White Man Entertained Me With Tales Of Colored People On A Flight
- What Do Men Want? Who Cares…
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of “Why Do Fools Fall In Love”
- C’Mon Now: Black Celebrities That White Folks Mistake For One Another (But They DON’T Look Alike…)
- Damn Mr. Right, I Need Mr. Right Now! 7 Signs You’re Too Thirsty For Someone To Put A Ring On It