A Star Is Dead: Beyonce Drops Out Of Clint Eastwood Remake
Who didn’t see this coming after Clint Eastwood started talking to an imaginary Obama, by way of a chair, on stage at the Republican National Convention?
Variety is reporting that Beyonce has “fallen out of” the somewhat highly anticipated “A Star is Born” remake which Mr. Eastwood is slated to direct. The PR line is that Bey has a lot going on and since no clear start date for filming had been set, figuring out her schedule for projects was becoming too complicated. See sentence one for the likelier explanation.
What’s exciting though is that Clint Eastwood is said to already have his eye on another amazing woman for the lead: Esperanza Spalding. She would take the role played by Barbra Streisand in the original 1976 version of the film, playing a young performer who falls in love with an older fading star. That brings me to the issue of a male lead. A zillion top-line actors have been approached to fill the role, including Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise, Christian Bale, Johnny Depp, and Bradley Cooper but so far no one seems to be interested in this remake, which is making this project quite difficult to launch. Until Clint can nail down a male to take the part, sources say he will not reach out to any woman about taking over Beyonce’s role, including Esperanza.
Clint might have to let this one go.
What do you think about the possibility of Esperanza playing the female lead in “A Star is Born”?
More on Madame Noire!
- An Open Letter To Men Suffering From Light-Skinned, Long Hair Syndrome: I’m Not Flattered
- Amending The Girl Code: When Your Friend Gets Married, Are Her Ex-Boos Fair Game?
- That Time An Old White Man Entertained Me With Tales Of Colored People On A Flight
- What Do Men Want? Who Cares…
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of “Why Do Fools Fall In Love”
- C’Mon Now: Black Celebrities That White Folks Mistake For One Another (But They DON’T Look Alike…)
- Damn Mr. Right, I Need Mr. Right Now! 7 Signs You’re Too Thirsty For Someone To Put A Ring On It